State and Federal Tax Problems in Milford
As one of the leading providers of bankruptcy debt relief in the Milford area, we have been providing a full range of tax relief solutions to our Milford, CT clients since 1983. Our long-term experience and knowledge makes us uniquely qualified to resolve all types of tax problems through all available legal options. At the Law Offices of Neil Crane, we provide customized and comprehensive tax relief solutions for individuals and small business owners. By understanding all of the factors and alternatives involved in tax problems of all types, we are able to provide you with the best possible tax resolution in your particular circumstances. All tax problems are different, but all tax problems are solvable.
To learn more about eliminating or discharging taxes, call us at 203-230-2233 or toll free at 1-888-249-3027 for a free consultation with an experienced tax elimination attorney. Or contact us online by completing our Contact Form.
Providing the Full Range of Bankruptcy Tax Solutions
As attorneys, we are licensed and qualified to provide proper advice and solutions to all types of tax problems with the protection and confidentiality of the “attorney/client privilege.” For the past 30 years, we’ve used all forms of negotiation and court options, including bankruptcy relief:
- Income Tax Discharge/Elimination
- Chapter 7 Tax Relief
- Chapter 13 Tax Relief and Plans
- Small Business Tax Relief
- Bankruptcy Lien Removal
All chapters of bankruptcy contain powerful provisions that override tax law and allow for the discharge or repayment of all local, state and federal taxes, solely in accordance with applicable bankruptcy law. Bankruptcy law provides the most complete and comprehensive relief for all types of tax problems. Our experienced bankruptcy attorneys can fully analyze the proper treatment of your specific tax debt and your unique monthly budget.
Eliminating or Reorganizing All Types of Local, State and Federal Taxes in Bankruptcy
All chapters of bankruptcy protection have special provisions for the treatment of past due taxes of any type:
- State and Federal Income Taxes: Older taxes can be eliminated if they meet a three-prong test for dischargeability. More recent taxes can be repaid on favorable terms at reduced interest rates.
- Federal and State Payroll Trust Fund Taxes: These “trust fund” taxes can be repaid under Chapter 13 or Chapter 11 at favorable rates without further penalties or late fees.
- Real Estate Taxes: These are subject to the automatic stay of the Bankruptcy Code, which also stops any real estate foreclosure action. Chapter 11 and Chapter 13 allow for repayment of real estate taxes over time.
- Personal Property Taxes: These taxes on automobile and business equipment can be eliminated under certain circumstances in Chapter 7 or repaid in Chapter 11 or Chapter 13 Plans of Reorganization.
To learn more about discharging or eliminating tax debt, contact an experienced tax attorney at the Law Offices of Neil Crane. Call us at 203-230-2233 or toll free at 1-888-249-3027. Or complete our online Contact Form for a prompt response to your inquiry.