Meriden Bankruptcy Lawyers
Meriden homeowners endure a continued caseload of foreclosures, mediation delays and failed government programs. Many experts agree that the programs run by banks for banks have actually increased the foreclosure problem that can truly be solved by proper legal solutions. These "fake" bank and government programs have created a system that works for banks and not for homeowners.
- Slow and ineffective bank modifications have increased the number of homes subject to foreclosure.
- Bank delays prior to commencing foreclosure and slow foreclosure proceedings have led to long-term missed payments and back balances which have created large mortgage arrearages that seriously threaten the ability of homeowners to successfully save their homes.
- Delays in mediation requests or the mediation process is the leading cause of mediation failure and lost homes.
Proper Mediation Requires Prompt Application and Experienced Legal Counsel
If you are a Meriden homeowner in a pending foreclosure or mediation, you need fast legal assistance from a foreclosure relief attorney who understands the keys to successful mediation:
- Saving missed mortgage payments is essential to successful foreclosure defense and long-term home ownership.
- Household debt relief that eliminates other unsecured debt is necessary to maximize the chances for mediation success and foreclosure relief.
Stop Foreclosure and Solve Debt Problems the RIGHT Way
Our experienced mortgage relief attorneys create efficient and customized financial solutions. We use all legal options available to produce prompt foreclosure resolutions, including:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Foreclosure mediation
- Second mortgage and lien removal solutions
- Unsecured debt relief
We have helped hundreds of Meriden families despite the constant delay by big banks, foreclosure factory attorneys and slow government programs. We use well-prepared options to break through the constant roadblocks and impediments to success.
If you've missed mortgage payments or are in a pending foreclosure, quickly contact us at The Law Offices of Neil Crane to schedule an immediate free consultation with an experienced team of Meriden foreclosure relief attorneys with a history of success since 1983.
Call 203-230-2233 or 888-249-3027 toll free to speak with an attorney.
Relief Through Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Chapter 13 stops foreclosure and all types of creditor collections. It covers all creditors by providing repayment and debt relief in a manner that properly addresses your individual financial problems.
- Chapter 13 repayment plans pay for homes before credit cards. Payment plans created by our attorneys focus on mortgages first then tax claims and other debt relief to prioritize catching up on mortgage payments over a three- to five-year repayment schedule.
- Chapter 13 stops foreclosure and assures success by paying mortgages and reducing or eliminating all other types of less important, unsecured debt. It allows your family the savings and ability to properly maintain long-term, affordable mortgage payments.
Meriden Foreclosure Rates and Foreclosure Mediation
The Meriden foreclosure system has seen over 3,000 foreclosures in the past five years. Despite numerous government programs intended to help homeowners and the start of required foreclosure mediation, Meriden has lost over 850 homes since the housing meltdown began in 2007.*
The lost home rate has continued to remain high over the past five years as over 28% of foreclosures commenced in Meriden resulted in a lost home.
- Two- and three-family Meriden homes in foreclosure have been lost at a record rate. Over 37% of all such foreclosures result in the property being lost to the foreclosing bank.
- Multifamily homes lost to foreclosure in Meriden are running at a rate of over 75% of homes lost for each commenced foreclosure over the past two years.
Meriden Foreclosures and Home Prices
The number of homes sold in Meriden has continued to drop each year since 2007. This is a significant trend since most Connecticut cities have seen some leveling of home sales in recent years. Meriden sales have continued to drop over the past five years from a high of 1,081 in 2007 to a low of 533 in 2011 – a drop of over 548 homes sold, or over 50%.
House prices have decreased from a high of $191,000 in 2007 to a low of $135,000 in 2011 — a loss of $56,000, or nearly a 30% decrease in just a five year period.
- The average cost of a multifamily home in Meriden has gone from a high average of $184,750 in 2007 to a low average of $77,875, for a loss of $106,875. This represents a 57% loss in value for the average multifamily home in Meriden from 2007 to 2011.
Meriden Bankruptcy Courts and State Court Foreclosure
If you live in Meriden and are filing for bankruptcy assistance, your case would be filed in the New Haven District of Federal Court, and your First Meeting of Creditors would be held in the following location for Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 cases:
150 Court Street, New Haven, CT 06451
If you live in Meriden and have a lawsuit pending against you or a foreclosure on your Meriden property, you would appear in the New Haven Judicial District at Meriden court system located at:
54 West Main Street, Meriden, CT 06451
Town Clerk: Irene G. Masse
142 East Main Street, Meriden, CT 06450
Meriden Real Estate Market Statistics Through December 2012:
|2008||2009||2010||2011||2012||2013||5 Year Change|
|No. of Sales||766||808||612||535||636||551||(-28.1%)|
Real Solutions at The Law Offices of Neil Crane since 1983
The increase in Meriden foreclosures and the large backlog of unresolved foreclosure cases still pending have left many Meriden homeowners at risk for losing their homes. These families need prompt and experienced attorneys who know how to use all the legal options available to create successful plans for debt relief and long-term home ownership. Our hardworking lawyers and clients continue to succeed despite slow banks and ineffective government programs.
Mortgage Modification and Foreclosure Lawyers in Meriden
Contact us now to speak with an experienced attorney and arrange a free consultation that addresses your entire financial picture. Our attorneys are available to speak with you now at 203-230-2233 or 888-249-3027 toll free.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
*Source: The Warren Group – Boston, MA – www.thewarrengroup.com