Norwalk Bankruptcy and Foreclosure Relief Lawyers
Bank and government programs have not produced the relief promised to Connecticut homeowners. Foreclosure systems throughout the state have been burdened by high rates of foreclosure and too few banks that are willing to avoid foreclosures by diligently mediating mortgage modifications.
Homeowners in Norwalk continue to work to save their homes and their finances, but it is a struggle. Mandatory mortgage mediation and failed governmental programs have done little to decrease the percentage of homes lost to foreclosures in Norwalk.
Combined with bank delays, lost paperwork and changing modification requests, foreclosures have now stalled, and a backlog of "unresolved foreclosures" threatens to lead to more home loss in the near future. That means more deeds to banks and more bank-owned real estate.
Connecticut Law On Foreclosure
Successful mediation requires prompt legal representation, comprehensive financial documentation and strong legal advocacy. Connecticut has provided mandatory mediation if promptly requested within fifteen (15) days of the Return Date.
Despite promises under the national settlement with big banks, false promises of bank help and mortgage modifications cause hundreds of homeowners to lose their houses in Norwalk every year.
Prompt Solutions And Debt Relief From The Law Offices Of Neil Crane
Providing Options to Stop Foreclosure | Enforcing Your Rights
Our attorneys work with you to create a comprehensive plan that fits your unique budget and provides complete household debt relief. Our experienced team provides you with personalized, affordable legal advice for permanent foreclosure relief.
Options we will discuss during a free initial consultation, include:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — Chapter 7 filing stops the foreclosure process immediately, discharges unsecured debts and gets your finances back under control. If you qualify for Chapter 7 bankruptcy relief, we will help you budget to make mortgage payments again and negotiate affordable mortgage modification.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — Chapter 13 is a guaranteed federal court option that stops foreclosure and saves your home. We have created and approved hundreds of Chapter 13 plans throughout Connecticut. Chapter 13 requires experienced counsel and no bank approval.
- Foreclosure defense — We help you execute a plan to save your home and build financial health for the long term. Foreclosures are legal court proceedings that require strong preparation and advocacy from our experienced foreclosure defense attorneys. Further defense against predatory lending, misleading marketing practices and illegal foreclosure actions is part of our comprehensive service.
- Foreclosure mediation — Your lender might be unwilling to negotiate, but court mediation is mandatory in Connecticut. Lenders often lack the motivation to work to your advantage. We know how to go to court to force them to address your needs. Successful mediation requires comprehensive financial documentation and legal counsel that can lead you through the process to save your home.
- Mortgage modification — We offer guidance through informed lender negotiations, application and a plan to achieve affordable payments at a modified interest rate.
Prompt Assistance and Follow-Through for Mortgage Relief Solutions
If you are behind on mortgage payments or have received a notice of foreclosure, call The Law Offices of Neil Crane to schedule a free initial consultation at 203-230-2233 or 888-249-3027 toll free. We have helped Norwalk families regain healthy financial futures since 1983.
Experienced Foreclosure Lawyers in Norwalk
Delay can be deadly to your family's financial health. Procrastination, indecision and other delays from banks and government programs results in failure for homeowners. Our attorneys press your case forward in court and use all legal options available to force prompt resolutions.
We understand your financial solutions need to be customized and implemented immediately.
Chapter 13 bankruptcy allows homeowners to become current on their mortgage over three-to-five years while modifying or discharging unsecured debt, and making provisions for the removal of second mortgage junior encumbrances and removal of other liens. With a comprehensive recovery plan tailored to your circumstances, Chapter 13 bankruptcy protection can help you to regain control of your finances and save your home regardless of the status of any pending mortgage default or foreclosure proceeding.
Norwalk Foreclosure Rates and Foreclosure Delay
The Norwalk foreclosure system has seen a steady level of high activity and increased caseloads of Norwalk property foreclosures since 2007. There have been approximately 3,000 foreclosures commenced in Norwalk since 2007.*
Despite government programs and mediation, the rate of completed foreclosures has remained constant. This has generated a drastic backlog of old Norwalk foreclosures as banks fail to solve foreclosures stalled in mediation, or take back foreclosure deeds to properties that may become blighted Norwalk homes lingering in foreclosure.
Homeowners stuck in stalled mediations are threatened by the delay and need to seek immediate legal representation. Real estate experts agree that these Norwalk properties lost to foreclosure can result in further depressed Norwalk home sales and values.
Norwalk Foreclosures and Home Prices
Although the number of properties sold in Norwalk has remained fairly constant since the fall off in 2007, the median price of a Norwalk home has fallen from $435,000 to $350,000 — a loss of $85,000 or 20% in just five years. The loss in value for Norwalk single-family homes reflects a similar fall from a high in 2007 of $525,000 to a median price of $419,000 in 2011 — a loss of $105,000 or over a 20% decrease in Norwalk single-family home values in a similar five-year period.
Norwalk Bankruptcy Courts and State Court Foreclosure
If you need assistance filing for bankruptcy in Norwalk, your case would be filed in the Bridgeport District of Federal Court.
Your First Meeting of Creditors would be held at one of the following locations:
- 157 Church Street, New Haven, CT 06510 (Chapter 7 cases)
- 915 LaFayette Boulevard, Bridgeport, CT 06604 (Chapter 13 cases)
If you live in Norwalk and have a lawsuit pending against you or a foreclosure on your Norwalk property, you would appear in the Stamford court system located at:
123 Hoyt Street, Stamford, CT 06905
Town Clerk: Richard McQuaid
125 East Ave., Norwalk, CT 06851
Norwalk Estate Market Statistics Through December 2015:
|2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||5 Year Change|
|No. of Sales||785||826||985||995||1158||(+48%)|
Norwalk Lost Homes due to Foreclosure Statistics through December 2015
|2011||2012||2013||2014||2015||5 Year Change|
Real Solutions at The Law Offices of Neil Crane since 1983
Many Norwalk homeowners are still at risk for losing their homes given recent levels of increases in Norwalk foreclosures and the large backlog of unresolved foreclosure cases still pending. These families need prompt and experienced attorneys who know how to use all the legal options available to create successful plans for debt relief and long-term home ownership. Our hardworking lawyers and clients continue to succeed despite slow banks and ineffective government programs.
Contact us now to speak with an experienced attorney and arrange a free consultation that addresses your entire financial picture. Our Norwalk foreclosure attorneys are available to speak with you now at 203-230-2233 or 888-249-3027 toll free.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.
*Source: The Warren Group – Boston, MA – www.thewarrengroup.com