How to Avoid Bankruptcy
A Connecticut Lawyer's Advice on Avoiding Bankruptcy
No one ever sets out to file bankruptcy as a first option. At The Law Offices of Neil Crane, LLC, we have talked with thousands of people who wished to avoid bankruptcy. With the help of our Hamden, Connecticut, law firm, a great many were able to push aside their financial problems and find financial health again.
Avoiding bankruptcy is often easier than it seems. With sound financial decisions, many people are able to create a budget and stick with it. As lawyers who care about our clients' well being, we often recommend these debt solutions:
- Budget: Create a budget and stick with it, even if it means taking a brown bag lunch and cutting back on extras, like entertainment, and money spent on clothes.
- Don't become enamored with your FICA score: Your credit score is not as important to financial security as your bank account balance.
- Avoid second mortgages: To avoid bankruptcy, your home should never be used as a bank.
- Reduce debt: The best way to reduce debt is to cut spending on the "extras" and to put that money towards payment on debt principal.
- Seek help sooner rather than later: The success rate for people who seek financial help early on is greater than for those who wait until it is too late. It is never too early to talk with a lawyer about debt help. We recommend that you contact us at 888-249-3027 before your situation is critical.
Unfortunately, many people who visit our Web site are already facing difficult times. Many have been scammed by credit consolidation companies. Many more do not want to consider bankruptcy because they fear what their families, friends, and coworkers will think.
When Bankruptcy is Unavoidable
Sometimes people face bankruptcy for reasons completely beyond their control. They experience a job loss, extensive medical bills due to an illness, or a divorce that forced the resources that previously supported only one household to now support two.
In these situations, Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcy may be a good option for restoring financial health. At The Law Offices of Neil Crane, LLC, we guide you through the process so that you are well prepared to achieve the best possible results — moving forward and building a successful life after bankruptcy.
Schedule an Appointment With Us
Our lawyers, paralegals, and support staff are committed to helping you avoid bankruptcy. For this reason, we work around your schedule. We offer flexible office hours on evenings and weekends by appointment. We can also meet with you at other convenient locations besides our Hamden, Connecticut, law office.
We offer a free consultation regarding debt reduction. Please do not hesitate to call us today at 888-249-3027, toll-free 1-800-616-DEBT, or complete our online contact form to discuss your questions and concerns with an experienced attorney.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.